View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #241
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
...Possibly, although I'm a little skeptical, as Apple doesn't manufacture its own screens, and there are a lot of tablets with more resolution than 150 ppi.
If they made this claim WRT the ipad 3 or 4, it's not very likely, as Apple's screens are top notch *and* no reviews I have read have suggested anything like this. It may be true wrt the Ipad 1 or 2, of course.
I've got quite a few tablets to compare.
For example Kindle Fire HD, nook HD, iPad 3 and Surface RT.
nook HD slightly outshines Fire HD, so does iPad 3 vs. Surface RT.
But, in my opinion, the differences are less than for example from DVD to Blue-Ray. If you directly compare, next to each other, the differences are obvious enough. But on its own, each is more than adequate.
Same happened to me, when switching from iPad 2 to iPad 3. I didn't see, what's so special about iPad 3, as I had been more than fine with iPad 2 already. But when comparing iPhone apps on both, it was astonishing.
Anyway...
I find Surface RT great for watching movies. Love the widescreen form factor, love the saturation (way more "natural" than Samsung units for example).
And quite frankly: I don't see the benefit of such high resolutions.
I've had a Toshiba notebook in 2002, with a (back then) spectacular resolution. Result: For office apps I simply had to switch to a lower res, text was too small to work adequately.
Resolution may be nice for games and multimedia. But do I need more than the resolution of Surface RT for business applications?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote