View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
Psykhe
Connoisseur
Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4, KindlePW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
This is exactly what I see when I compare PW and KT.
Really, the right (KT) looks better to me.

Something is really off in the fonts. With the lights off, the contrast in the PW seems a bit better than the contrast on the KT (very marginally, but it is) but the fonts still look better on the KT. Just like the example you posted there, the KT fonts are easier to read.
The higher resolution of the PW might work against it here.

If you take a font size which is, lets say, 10 pixels high on the KT it would be on the paperwhite 12.8 pixels high. But since you obviously cannot have partly lit pixels the PW would render those with grayscales. So the font will appear washed out.

It might be worthwhile to experiment with different fontsizes (and maybe fonts, too). Amanzon might have screwed up the upscaling, if they left it the same as with the KT fonts which are sharp on the KT will be blurry on the PW. If thats the case it should be easily fixable with a firmware update, though.

Quote:
Ads on the home page stink. I paid for non-SO, why push books on me?
Someone mentioned that the recommendations disappear if you remove store access via parental controls.
Psykhe is offline   Reply With Quote