View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
The Tall Dolores is now $.99.

They have added a few more for $.99 each and one freebie.

Free #7. The Case of the Violent Virgin.

Quote:
ED NOON MYSTERY #7

"My eyes met hers and stopped. They had to. You just didn't look into eyes like those and turn away. Her voice was one thing. Her eyes were something else again. And she wasn't looking through me this time. I was getting a long once-over too."--Ed Noon, Private Eye

A deluxe express train to Chicago is the setting for a missing rare object d'art, the legendary statue known as the Violent Virgin and an equally fabulous diamond, the Blue Green. Noon mixes with a lovely lost blonde, a rich redhead with a dachshund, a polysyllabic bigwig and a venomous pair of remorseless killers. This case is author Avallone's tribute to The Lady Vanishes and The Maltese Falcon.
The following are $.99 each:

The Case of the Bouncing Betty

Quote:
"The first time I saw Betty she was bouncing. She kept on bouncing right up until the day she died. Why she died was no more important than why she bounced. Because when I found out why Betty bounced, I found out why she died."--Ed Noon, Private Eye

How many kinds of trouble can a girl get into on a mattress? Plenty... and Ed Noon thought he knew them all until he met Betty. For Betty was a mattress tester and she'd just bounced herself into a situation that had sent bullets whizzing about her ears and strangers haunting her footsteps. And that was the kind of trouble that called for a private eye like Ed Noon. Before he could bounce her out of it, he'd have to help her test a double-bed made for the morgue!
The Case of the Alarming Clock

Quote:
"That's just one of the reasons I had fallen for her so hard. She had my line of patter, my kind of thinking. I like people who laugh when they're facing a firing squad."--Ed Noon, Private Eye

Ed Noon receives an odd alarm clock in the mail with a mysterious message that leads to a showdown with some very murderous ex-Nazis and a diabolical plot to sabotage America's next, most crucial A-bomb test. Noon is reunited with the lovely Alma Wheeler (from THE TALL DOLORES) and has his very first contact with the White House... a contact which will ultimately lead to his future employment as a spy for Mr. President in many cases and years to come.
The Crazy Mixed-Up Corpse

Quote:
"The day the fur-bearing, gun-bearing blonde said, 'Strip, Noon. Take of all your clothes!' was the dizziest day of my private-eye life. The day I really got mixed up in the case of the Crazy Mixed-Up Corpse. But I didn't really start off as a fugitive from a nudist colony."--Ed Noon, Private Eye

Ed Noon's laundry suddenly becomes the all-important focus for the hunt of a lifetime, which brings him into harm's way via a very greedy stripper, a sadistic millionaire, and assorted goons and thugs. Noon has to find the reason why a corpse was seemingly murdered more than once.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote