View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If I take my Aluratek Libre Pro (ALP), with it powered off, and orient it to a light source
so that the screen is evenly lit, the background is about the same as the background of
a quote box here on MR. If I do the same with one of my JBLs and compare it with the
ALP they are about the same. Now... this is in a room with white walls and ceiling and
fairly subdued lighting. In the same room with the devices brought into brighter light
the background looks a little whiter, but still not as white as a sheet of paper.

With either ALP or JBL on a menu page the backgrounds respond the same to changes
in lighting and the color of the light, as reflected by the environment. In any case they
appear no worse or at the most only slightly darker than the backgrounds here at MR.

The reflective surface you are finding on your toys and phones is there to reflect the
light from the "backlight" so that it travels up through the LCD Panel properly. No such
surface is needed for these displays as no backlight is used and the carefully constructed
reflective surface that they use is built into the LCD Panel itself.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote