View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
Ok, so having read all y'all's workarounds for this (though not without some measure of cringing and wincing at the hoops being jumped through), I can't help but wonder if perhaps it's time for this to be made a feature request...
So make one? I am sure there are others who would find it useful. Me I wouldn't as the TOC is often in the book.

I read Anthologies mainly when I am hoping to stumble on a new author I adore. I read short stories when my attention span is low (finished last book and want to read a bit more before sleeping, or in a doctor's waiting room perhaps)

I would not have the patience to look at various anthologies and try to figure out if I wanted to read them based on the stories they contain. I just go for it and pick a random one based on genre.

Similiarly I would not want to delete my short stories because they were contained in an anthology. (I did this once upon a time and I was sorry). If I want to read a short story on my ereader I don't want to figure out which anthology it is contained in. I just search for short story on my reader and pick one. Or go to author I like and pick one.

I prefer to think of the above posts as helpful suggestions for a unique desire/requirement not as workarounds. Workarounds imply a way of handling a defect (bug) for an advertised or common feature. I do not see that as the case. Perhaps I am wrong.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote