View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
1 - I'd like to include proper "curly" quotes. And even a curly apostrophe unless the shape of the apostrophe is just set by the font and there's no option. I recognize that there may be a fair amount of hand coding that I will need to do and that's OK by me. Can someone offer a formula or suggestion on how to go about that? I thought about editing the HTML file and changing the " symbol to " but that wouldn't distinguish between opening & closing quotes.
This would have to be done manually, as algorithmically it may fail and then will really mess up your ebook! Search the forums for "curly and quotes" as there are some insights by JSWolf about doing this.

Quote:
2 - I'm pulling images from the scanned versions of the books at books.google.com and including them in the generated books. Is there some kind of markup that I can use to identify a caption so that Book Designer will keep the image and the caption on the same page?
In html, the CSS Style Property: page-break-after allows for an "avoid" option so if you surround your image and subsequent caption with a <div style="page-break-after: avoid"> ... </div> construct, it should in theory not render the image on the page, if the caption cannot fit. The div construct should then be rendered on the next page and if the illustration is not too tall, then there should be room for the caption there.

I say in theory since on the ebookwise, the CSS Style Property "page-break-after" is broken and not recognized, so Mobi2IMP won't help convert this! Oh well.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote