View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
The Eeepad starts at $350. For many people, that is still too high. If they shaved $100 off that, sales would see a large uptick.
+1. At $100, the TouchPad is a cheap enough tablet that most people wouldn't care if there's no continued support for the platform. However, I'd reckon $250 for a decent Android tablet is the sweet spot for a lot of folks. Heck, isn't that why the Nook Color has been pretty popular?

While I do have a Nook Color, iPad and recently bought a TouchPad, I'm still waiting for an $800 max, lightweight Windows 7/8 Slate with at least Core 2 Duo E6600-level performance and 8 hours or more battery life. Hopefully, that might actually be achievable with 22nm Ivy Bridge. Right now, the 35W TDP Pentium G620T is already on par with the E6600. I have an 8.9" Fujitsu tablet (convertible) running Windows Vista Business which, if not for the weight or battery life, would be my favorite among the ones I own. Handwriting recognition is decent enough that I very rarely had to make use of the physical keyboard. However, battery life is just too short and the device is just too heavy to use comfortably for long periods of time.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 08-23-2011 at 10:44 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote