View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
karlcow
karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.karlcow once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kobo touch
Orthogonality of kobobook services and kobo ereader devices

I bought a Kobo Touch device a couple of weeks ago. I have read a few books already with it uploading the (EPUB) books with calibre. It worked quite well.

I though have a few issues about the orthogonality of the device and the service. I have started to ask the questions to [Kobo Customer Care]. The people handling the communications there are quite nice, even if they do not have satisfying answers.

I have not created an account on kobobooks on purpose. This is a starter for this discussion. I would like to know if it would be possible to do the following things with my kobo touch ereader.

Each of these are for now as I noticed non functional without creating an account. It creates a dependency on having an account on kobobooks. I don't think it should. There are features which might be improved by having an account on Kobobooks such as backups, synchronization in between devices, book ordering, etc. All of these are completely orthogonal to the device operations.

If someone from kobo is reading here, would it be possible to move forward on these issues?

Other users, is it something that would be interesting for you?

Last edited by karlcow; 08-02-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: to adjust a false statement.
karlcow is offline   Reply With Quote