View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Gosh, that was fast!

I don't mind waiting, it could sit overnight, maybe even for a day or two before I start suffering withdrawal. . . .

You've also brought up another question I have, at least tangentially. How do I back up my Kindle purchases? If the desktop app locks them to a particular device (which is what I assume it's doing when I have to specify which device I'm using the file with before I download) then what's the point of backing up? If I lose my KSO and the new one has a different PID, those backup files will be useless, right?

I understand now why B&N is working on a better way for folks to organize their books, that will be available online, not just on a nook device (they've already announced it as a "coming soon" sort of thing). I need to be able to set up collections on a computer, instead of laboriously going through and trying to find each book I want to add, etc.

I love my KSO, but I guess there's always room for improvement, right?
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote