View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #11
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
My name is R. Komar, and my surname isn't very common, so I was kind of shocked when I first saw a book titled "Komarr". I flipped to the first page to see if it was any good, and read: "The last gleaming sliver of Komarr's true-sun melted out of sight beyond the low hills on the western horizon." WTF is a true-sun? What a load of crap! I put it down, shaking my head, but returned after a while thinking that no matter how bad it was, I had to read it with that title.

Well, as I'm sure Bujold fans already know, the book turned out to be well-written, and the characters were easy to become emotionally attached to. I've downloaded the Cryoburn CD and added the books to my TBR list, and am really looking forward to reading the other Miles Vorkosigan books. I would probably have never tried any of her books if not for the bizarre coincidence of that title. It's weird and wonderful how some books barge into one's life and refuse to be ignored.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote