View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
I want my ereader to show what I have on it exvlusively, and noone has the right to deny me that preference. If kobos algorithim made any sense maybe i'd be more conducive to their advertising, but not likely, since no rebate ogf the cost of the device was offered.
At no time do he Kobo devices shove anything at you. You have to make a conscious decision to look at the books they want to sell you. If you never touch the Bookstore link, you will never see a book you haven't put onto the device.

As to their recommendations algorithm, if you actually buy books from them it improves. Due to some promo codes, I bought a lot of books in December. At the beginning of the month, the recommendations where rubbish. Right now, every single one of the books on the recommendations is something I would consider. At least, if I was in a bookshop, I would pick them up and read the back cover. Marking books as "Not interested" helps but buying has a bigger impact.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote