View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeder View Post
AMEN on that point.
If they wouldn't make the margins fill up half the page or make the default font just a smack larger or the font-size change option do more than make the font bigger by 2% the formatting wouldn't be so terrible.
Or if they let the customer able to customize it after they already paid for the thing.
I think not being able to adjust the book just the way I like is the biggest turn off for me. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if they were formatting these books properly but they aren't! and the consumer aka ME has no recourse or way to fix the problem.

I'm not sure if the Kindle ebooks are better formatted or not but I started buying from mobipocket because there's a crack for that and I can convert mobi to LRF. However, if I have to do all that work I might as well go to the darknet.

Hmm still kind of sensetive about about because I bought a book from sony connect store, couldn't read it on my reader and then had to go to IRC to find a html version. I was not amused.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote