Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #58
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldim View Post
But, an Android phone should be able to render the contents and send it to the reader. So, there are probably two chances of getting in -- if you have one you've probably got part of the other as well (if you're stuck with one .... eh, well ... never mind ).

I was thinking it would be a rather dumb device that just serves pre-formatted images without compression/decompression. So, unless they use a very complicated format (I don't know how images are served to the e-ink screen) and weird memory allocation I've high hopes
As for the format their site says 'raw bitmap'
And as the transfer shall be done via BT, all some skilled people would need to do is sniffing.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote