View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #52
tron_1970
tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Sad thing is... Even though this is more a jab at their fanbase, it's mostly true.
It's mostly true except when products don't sell as the G4 Cube, that wonderful iPod speaker boombox that I don't remember the name, and the most recent failure Ping, which you would think everyone who used iTunes would have joined. Nope.

And here is another fun thing about Apple's "fanbase" the iPod was pretty much a failure until two things happen: 1) iTunes was release on Windows and 2) the iPod was release for Windows which was Apple's second generation iPod. So the fanbase who have been using Microsoft's Windows became Apple fans.

Years later, Apple becomes successful and people who buy Apple products are called iSheep, like they would automatically buy products. I have owned an iPhone 3 and 4, but currently use a Galaxy S3 and I think it's okay Android phone the screen is not the greatest and it's a big turn off.

If the iPad mini, can beat the Nexus 7 with it's poor storage space, the Kindle Fire HD where the screen is so small that magazine and comic book reading sucks, and the upcoming Nook HD, in which Barnes & Noble for whatever idiot reason won't allow apps from the Google Store so you have to rely on B&N poor selection of digital books, and no other way to read magazines except through B&N (I use Zinio, which works on the Kindle Fire HD).

I would be happy to buy an iPad mini if it meets my criteria of what a 7"-8" tablet be since I can read Kindle, B&N, and even Kobo books. Where I can read comics from Comixology, DC, & Marvel without one of them being exclusive looking at you B&N and Amazon. And finally read my Zinio magazines, along with other magazines. And since all of this reading requires local storage space in which the Kindle Fire HD has up to 32GB but no SD card while the Nook HD has 16 but upgradable to either 32GB or 64GB SD card (unsure since the specs are not detailed) and hopefully the upcoming iPad mini will have 32 or 64GB but knowing Apple they probably settle with 16 and 32GB.

My Comixology collection 6 months ago, took about 9GB of space, I wish there was a way I can move the files onto an SD card but no such luck. Not sure with my magazines.

Sorry for the rant but really it's just as bad as that stupid Samsung commercial making fun of people waiting in line. It's like making fun of people waiting in line for Star Wars or going to buy tickets to Prince, why? Just because they like something that you don't?
tron_1970 is offline   Reply With Quote