View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Everyone who expects to get paid for bad work, without giving me the possibility to assess the quality of such work before paying OR to get a refund/substitution if I find out that it is bad, is a greedy bastard.

By the way, in my proposal I have a place for art that is intended for one-off consumption (say, blockbuster movies). For these, in fact, 24 hours could be all the life of the piece of content, for what concerns the purchaser.
In these cases, the content provider should be allowed to put a "WARNING: substitution for this item is not possible!" message beside the "Add to cart" button. If you go on and push the button, you know that you're stuck with what you are buying.
But the law should also put a limit on the number of items for which substitution is not allowed (say, not more than 20% of the items proposed on each page of the web shop, and 10% of the entire media catalogue of the company).
Then the media companies should be very careful in using such warnings, if they want to convince their customers that their actual meaning is not "WARNING: we are going to rip you off with this one!" :-)

Last edited by BoldlyDubious; 04-06-2012 at 09:21 AM.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote