View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #64
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomov View Post
Oh, yeah, those are there too (guess I don't look at it at all )
I don't really care about the zoom level, or the name of the image. The exact page number is also quite meaningless, while I could see some relevancy to the page number versus the total number of pages. But the percentage gives a more understandable value. I don't really care where I am in a comic, since it'll end when it does. Also, since it remembers where you stop reading, it isn't really a value you use, per se.

Though I could see someone somewhat rely on the percentage for a sense of 'how long till the end', if the option was there, I'd personally prefer the increased screen real estate above the percentage.
Okay, I was just worried that it wasn't displaying properly because of some firmware issue. I'll add a line to the configuration for setting the default on startup, and add a toggle in the main menu for temporarily enabling/disabling it. I won't bother saving the state on a per book basis. I hope that fits the use profile for status bar haters.

Edit: Okay. I've updated the first post and my website with the new versions. You can disable/enable showing the status bar for the current reading session from the main menu. You can also configure whether you want the status bar disabled/enabled by default at the start of the program.

Last edited by rkomar; 02-17-2012 at 01:56 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote