View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 07:12 AM   #46
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
It amused me to think that The Three Musketeers was set only a few years before the revolution. Part of me wanted to say "they earned this". Then I refreshed my memory and realized TTM was about 170 years prior to this. Oh well, I was amused at least for a little while.
It was a long time brewing at that.

I'm glad that TTM has been brought up in the context of The Scarlet Pimpernel. Many seemed not to like TTM because they found the Musketeers themselves despicable. The same objection can't be made to the noble in both social standing and character members of the League! And yet, wouldn't it be more realistic for a group of vigilantes to engage in drinking, whoring and thievery as likely ancillaries to their lives of action, than only to do that which aids others?

It's one reason why while Scarlet Pimpernel may be a better read (it never bogs down), TTM is a better book.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote