Thread: Literary Fun! Fun! Fun! October 2018
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 12:14 AM   #18
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle voyage
I'll be happy with any of the three winning, and it's a tough choice, but I'm going to go against the grain of what I'd normally do and vote for the one I've read before, The Secret Garden. I remember it as one of my all-time favourites and I read it so very long ago when I was young that it would be fun to revisit it so many years later and to see my thoughts while reading it now.

However I'll be just as happy to read either of the other two and one thing going for both of them, for me, is that I don't know their stories whereas if The Secret Garden wins this would be the second selection in a row that I know the gist of the entire story ahead of time (though obviously not that I mind). I think A Stitch In Time and The Prisoner of Zenda both look like a lot of fun as well.

All that said, I give

-1 vote to The Secret Garden

and I'll save my other vote for now.

There's a little over a half day left to vote.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote