View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm not a fan of either. I have never read a book by Patterson or Clancy. I really would prefer they don't turn their names into brands. But if they are going to do it, at least both seem honest. Even things like Tom Clancy's Op Center or Tom Clancy's Net Force credit the actual author*

Now V.C. Andrews, who died in 1985 but has continued to put out V.C. Andrews books, that's dishonest.

*There was a regrettable time where there was a Tom Clancy 'house name' David Michaels. The 'Tom Clancy's' brand didn't start that way and it's not that way now.
The Tom Clancy guys weren't fooling anybody.
In fact, except for the first book or two (heavily rewritten by ghosts) Clancy worked more like Patterson. Openly selling his name was his way of doing away with even that much involvement.

That kind of branding is more common in video games, with things like Sid Meiers CIVILIZATION line, TONY HAWK, and yes, TOM CLANCY. Considering the latter never were game developers it was pure branding and everybody knew it, unlike books shere ghosting was and probably still is all over. Often with house names.
fjtorres is online now   Reply With Quote