View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Amazon KDP pricing set by publisher / author is the total price including any taxes for any market place. So 90% of eBook sales will remain the same? Or the retail price may be set by calculation from the USA price. (depending on publisher choice).
Google prices set by publishers are also inclusive, but Google can charge less when they feel like it.
I forget how pricing works on Smashwords, but it can be simply inclusive US$ or by regions. I think Apple, Kobo, B&N sales from Smashwords are mostly in USA and Tolino in Germany.

Ireland has a reduced rate of VAT for Digital media compared to regular 23%, zero for printed books I think. But I don't know if Amazon applies UK VAT or Irish VAT to Kindle sales to Ireland, which are ignorantly in Sterling so you never know what the price really is for ANYTHING, except if you use Amazon Germany with English setting, but that won't sell Kindle ebooks to Ireland.
I know for absolutely decades Sky only charged Irish VAT for installs and paid all VAT on Irish Subscriptions to UK Customs & Excise. But I think they changed the rules at some stage, which won't apply after 31st December 2020.

Meanwhile despite Sterling poor and Euro high, all the mass market paper books (mostly UK imports even if Irish or USA Titles) have gone from just under €12 to just under €18 in less than a year.

Someone is trousering it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote