View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
...free courtesy of publisher Open Road Media, who last gave us actual freebies sometime back in 2011, but have been fairly generous with the 60% off Boxing Day sales and the rotating $1.99 discount titles (couponable at Kobo!) since then.
I can't complain about a freebie novella to hook readers into series, but I disagree with you about ORM freebies. While it is true that most of their freebies lately have been public domain works, they've made a few non-PD works free for a day too, like
The Winston Affair by Howard Fast,
Patton's Spaceship by John Barnes
Karma by Susan Dunlap

I like a lot of their SF & F & horror authors (admittedly all or nearly all backlist works), and the low prices if one waits for a sale.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote