View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #42612
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I might then first start on the latest/last season of Paranormal Lockdown (those shows are my guilty pleasure viewing) first. Any suggestions on what to watch next on Netflix? After my recent French binge I might go up north and watch some of the Scandinavian things that have been lingering on my watch list.

I started the second season of a BBC podcast this morning. It's called The Whisperer in Darkness and it's the sequel to The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. The first season was based on an HP Lovecraft story apparently, but updated to the present day. This is a continuation of the same universe but not based on any of Lovecraft's work. I love it, a recommendation for those who like spooky stuff. I like to listen when I'm doing creative stuff, currently diamond painting. I'm at episode 6 of 10, so I should finish it tomorrow.
Did you watch...hhhmmmmmm....Altered Carbon? I liked that rather a lot.

I watched The Black Spot, which is actually supposed to be The White Spot (or the other way around; not sure why that was changed for we English speakers); that started off interesting-ish, but sort of declined into a mishmash; I tried to like Ragnarok, but it too devolved into teenagey-angsty-soap, more than anything else. (And the "obstacles" that the show kept throwing in the protagonist's way seemed trite and dumb as hell. It was like, "he leaves XXX in this place, which is the proof he needs to get the bad guy" and you know, before that scene's over, EXACTLY what's going to happen. In some ways, it was like watching the school play at High School, written by 16-y.o.'s you know? ) BTW, that also happened throughout the Locke & Key thing; you could see the plot "twists" coming from 20 miles away.

I've had a deliciousy guilty-pleasure time with that damn dumb show about the Mexican demon hunter. Can't think of the ...oh, right, Diableros. it is hard to think of a show being dumber than that, but for some reason, there's something naive and sincere about it that makes me like it. I freely admit that in many ways, it's TSTL (Too Stupid to Live).

I liked that one show about the Japanese cop who gets deputed to the UK, to find and track down and bring back his now-not-dead criminal brother. It had some nice parts, but the ending was...odd. The last episode had some beeezar moments.

I'd have to head-scratch and think of what we've tried, what we liked (a pretty short list) and what we didn't. We found a few gems along the way, oddball things that aren't at the top of anyone's charts, but we liked them. Some of the more popular shows have left me pretty cold, but I'm not really huge on the soapy aspects of many of them. Nothing against soap; some folks love that, but it's not really my taste, given my druthers.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote