View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 12:23 PM   #16
Raex-D
Raex-D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th Gen (KT3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I don't actually see anything about a package getting deleted in the logs (and there is, when the update checks rejects one).

Until I see one of those, I'm assuming you're putting it in the wrong place, or the storage is failing.

----

Sidebar: you're booting in diags, the FW version has no bearings on that, it's baked in at factory time. It's entirely possible you're running a far newer diags build than whatever documentation you're following, which may be pissing on your parade.
I think I tallied the results and they were slightly similar at least I had got to each and every point bergfux mentioned. Why you can't see anything about the update file inside the log is because it is getting deleted before that only. I put it in the root directory, named it update.bin

Then when I plug the usb cable out (not the one for debug but the one for storage) and plug it back in, the file is gone. If I restart the device it's also gone. This is when I haven't plug in the serial cable. I could give this a shot, put file into another directory and maybe it will detect. And second thing is to plug both the usb and serial cables, copy the file and restart while checking the log on the putty.

Before this, I had removed the storage cable. But is there anything else you can suggest?

Noted: Ahh, that thing about moderation makes sense. Welps, I'll keep that into consideration so as not to double post.

Edit: The storage is fine since I could put the update in a directory and that was fine. It didn't get deleted. Unfortunately at that point my TX cable got out from the soldering and I didn't have the equipment at hand, got it done from an electrician's shop

Last edited by Raex-D; 02-09-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Raex-D is offline   Reply With Quote