View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:15 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I've read series where I thought all the books were good and series where the quality dropped quite a bit after the first book. More normal for me is series where the first several are very good, but then the quality starts to fall off. I've noticed that sometimes, an author simply tries to milk a series too far or can't figure out when it's time to move on. Sometimes an author needs to remember the old adage, keep them wanting more. For me, both the Wheel of Time and Honor Harrington series fall into this category. IMPO, the best long lasting series tend to be books with recurring characters rather than an ongoing story, if that makes sense.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote