View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 01:46 AM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
It seems that Amazon have stopped offering counts of their new releases (or moved it where I didn't find it this time) but 9 years ago Amazon were showing 86,000 (that’s eighty-six thousand!) new releases in 30 days. The closest I could get to a count today was doing a search that reported "over 50,000" (new releases in the last 30 days). When I limited the search to self-help it said "over 5,000".

With that much new material coming through month on month on month, it is easy to see how one book can quickly get lost, drowning in the flood. And free doesn't cut it, a lot of that volume is free or very cheap. So if you want to be seen for more than a few brief seconds as you flash past like credits at the end of a cheap movie, you have to do something more than just send it out there.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote