View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 03:51 AM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
If you have a definite target audience then take Captain Picard's advice and engage! (A suggestion that dates me already, I'm afraid, since poor old Picard is looking a little seedy these days.) This suggestion includes such details as...

Don't be the person that posts the start of a thread and then never acknowledges the responses. (Leaving readers to suppose, especially given extraneous detail in the OP, that the thread is merely advertising in disguise.)

Look at where your target audience finds its recommendations and try to engage with your audience there. My experience here on MR seems to suggest that Picard would probably fit in well, so perhaps not an ideal place to find your target audience.

Hunt around for sites that review and talk about books like yours and find out if they are willing to accept submissions (some are, many aren't). Given the OP I suggest looking at self-help sites, relevant Facebook pages and so on.

And some sites are easy to place your books on so you might as well. There's the self-promotion sub-forum here. There's Goodreads ... and there's a myriad of other places too. If you're going free then look to Smashwords (see the other thread you started). You want to be where people look. A target audience helps you target your efforts, but don't neglect the big distributors.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote