View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 05:23 AM   #5
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
I wouldn't call tying up loose ends on multiple story lines "multiple endings". Whatever you call it, I do like books that resolve multiple points.

But I hate books that tack on an extra chapter that's really nothing more than a teaser for the next book in the series. That reminds me of the endings of the old Batman TV shows with their "tune in next week to see how...". If you haven't made me care about the characters and engaged me with your writing throughout the book, it's not going to happen in a superfluous last chapter.

[Edit] OK, hate is too strong. I'm thinking of one book I read about a year ago. I liked the book overall, most everything about the current adventure was resolved by the next to last chapter, I was ready to read more adventures in the same world. The teaser ending was a let down and weakened the book as a whole. I still gave the second book a try, but abandoned it, it seemed the author ran out of new ideas.

Last edited by Alohamora; 11-19-2017 at 05:42 AM.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote