View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
mlknack
mlknack began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
... What have you read so far?
I started with Andre Norton's "Time Traders/Galactic Derelict" (Baen Free Library). I *loved* the Norton stuff when I first read it back in the '60s. I can't recommend it as great literature, but it was a great memory lane reread. I'm currently about halfway through The Three Musketeers, another one I read way back when. I'm also finishing off a Taylor Caldwell pBook I had started before getting the reader, "Tender Victory". Next may either be the recent freebie "Funny in Farsi" or another pBook that was recently given to me "Sex Lives of Cannibals".

In the last several years I've usually shopped used book stores or library sales to get my reading material, so I'm used to a random collection of oldies. I also like rereading books I've enjoyed in the past. I'm one of those people who read for characterization rather than plot. Don't get me wrong - a good plot is great, but it doesn't matter to me if I know the ending.

With the eBook reader I can now save my precious shelf space for the must haves (Terry Pratchett, Lois Bujold McMasters) and whomever else I *must* have and can't get on eBook.

Mary Lou
mlknack is offline   Reply With Quote