View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
mlknack
mlknack began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook, NookColor
new Ectaco jetBook owner

While we are all aware of Mr Wolf's extreme dislike of Ectaco, I want to say that, after a hands on examination of the jetBook and the two Sony's, I chose the jetBook. I have no intention of **ever** buying a DRM ebook so that was not an issue for me. Once support for epub & prc was announced, the decision came down to price, speed of page turn, and readability. With the jetBook selling at newegg.com for $199 US, it was a no-brainer.

Once I had it in my hot little hands, I immediately updated the firmware with the beta v30e version, put some epub & prc books on my 1GB SD card, and started reading. A week later I'm very happy with it. Yes, there are beta version glitches in the code, and the User's Guide is a joke (most are these days), but I'm happily reading away.

Now we just need our own jetBook forum or, at the very least, an "Other" category under the "eBook Devices" section. This is a dedicated eBook reader and I never think of looking for it under "other portable devices".

No, this is not a reader for the computer illiterate who wants the latest bestseller - but most of us reading this forum don't fall into that category.

Mary Lou
mlknack is offline   Reply With Quote