View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #72
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
My guess is that you can't slip it into your pocket anymore, with most cases. That is why I carry my Dell Streak (nearly the same dimensions) always naked.
Well, I have a leather case bought in Poland, made in China (like most things these days) by www.cococases.com, which doesn't really add much to the bulk and looks solid enough to protect the phone.
I've been using it for about 3 months and the only issue I can find with it is that stylus is hard to pull out when the Note sits inside the case. But this is probably more due to Samsung's design than to the case itself. I had a HTC phone with a stylus previously and that stylus was much easier to pull out - as there was a larger notch on the end of the stylus and there was a tangible "click" when pulling it out. The Samsung one seems to rely more on friction, which means it sits rather tightly in its silo.

I'm not sure if exactly the same case can be bought in other countries, but even in Poland I have seen at least a dozen cases with nearly identical design (but variable quality) from different manufacturers, so I guess this design simply works. It looks more or less like that:

http://klautel.pl/pub/klautel/Orygin...axy_note_4.jpg
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote