View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #39
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's aimed at a different market. This is a device specifically for business users, for reading and annotating documents. The Onyx device is a general-purpose computer, but is significantly heavier. There's room in the market for both.

PDF is still the dominant format is many fields. Don't think it's obsolete .
True, Onyx is heavier but both devices are so big that one have to use both hands to use them or leave it on a flat surface. Even with Sony's 350g it is very uncomfortable to hold it in one hand and scrible using second. If you have to use two hands then 150g does not make any difference.

I didn't say that pdf format is obsolete, I said that devices that only handle pdfs are obsolete.

Many people will buy it because it has Sony label on it but when you compare it with Onyx Max - you get much less with Sony for a similar price tag.

I am happy that Sony is back in the game but this product seems simply outdated by today's market standards.
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote