View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
Winter
Enthusiast
Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Asus EeePC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes, but UK publishers also charge more for their books in general than US ones (print and electronic). I don't see how that can't be part of the extra cost (again I know that's not the case in your specific case).

An example I posted elsewhere Audrey Niffenegger's new book Her Fearful Symmetry...

US ebook list price $26.99 (approx £17.02)
UK ebook list price £21.84 (approx $34.63)

It would seem to me that the obvious difference in asking price has to be made up somewhere even if Amazon does heavily discount.
Oh, I'm not saying there's no price difference between major publishers' titles in the US and Europe. Living in the UK I'm used to being charged inflated prices for print books. However, that's entirely independent of what's being done here. The international versions of Amazon don't even have a Kindle Store -- there's only one, centralised Kindle operation, located in America and based on American pricings. UK list prices don't enter into it.

Quote:
When I had to contact them (as a Kindle customer) I went through this page...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200212360

They also have some support forums for DTP.
http://forums.digitaltextplatform.co...ums/index.jspa
Thanks for that, I may have to try following up through those channels.

Regards,
Ryan
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote