View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #1333
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I just started trying to get some stories off of AO3 and I have a couple questions.

I understand that AO3 has a few extra metadata entries. So, I created a few new columns and added this to my personal ini settings:

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]

## AO3 adapter defines a few extra metadata entries.
extra_valid_entries:fandoms,freefromtags,ao3categories
fandoms_label:Fandoms
freefromtags_label:Freeform Tags
ao3categories_label:AO3 Categories

custom_column_settings:
 fandoms=>#newfandoms, r
 freefromtags=>#newfftags, r
 ao3categories=>#ao3categories, r
Am I correct that this should filter those metadata entries to my custom columns?

My other question has to do with changing the metadata in other columns. I had no problem changing the characters and category to the way I wanted it. However, when I tried to the same to the relationships metadata, it would not change. Here's an edited version of my code (I cut out some of the entries in the fandom and characters section as those worked fine):

Code:
 #fandom
 category=>The Hobbit \(2012\)=>LOTR.Hobbit
 category=>The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien=>LOTR.Hobbit

#characters 
 characters=>^Ori - Character$=>Ori&&category=>LOTR

#relationships 
 relationships=>Bilbo Baggins=>Book/Comics.LOTR.\1
 relationships=>Dwalin/=>Book/Comics.LOTR.\1
The fandom and characters section changed how I wanted, but the relationships column did not add the "Book/Comics.LOTR." that I wanted it to.

I've tried with and without the '/' at the end of the metadata I want to change. I also tried combining the two by using a parenthesis

Code:
 relationships=>(Bilbo Baggins|Dwalin)=>Book.Comics.LOTR\1
Nothing seemed to change what showed up in my relationships column. Did I make a mistake with the code?