View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Taustin,

You hit the nail on the head and exactly described the functionality that I've been complaining about. Since I want to operate through Calibre, wi-fi buys me nothing. I will turn it off and buy my books the same way that I did when I was using my Sony. Given that attitude on my part, what is the advantage of buying my books from B&N? I already have accounts with Sony and BoB. It appears that every ebook vendor charges exactly the same price for the same book. I know why that is the case, but I don't agree with it. Bookstores can discount their paper books if they so choose, but not the ebooks. That doesn't make sense to me even though I know (or think I know) why that is the case. I shouldn't discuss that here since it is off topic.

Thanks everyone for your help. I have installed the DRM stripping tools as plug-ins for Calibre, but doubt that I will ever use them.

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote