View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
klemens
klemens began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Question calibre stucks during installation Win XP

Hi
I hope some will be able to help me because I cannot find what can cause the problem and cannot find similar problem in Internet.
I had many versions of calibre in my computer so recently I update it to 7.3.3and everything was OK until I decided to install plugin "Search the internet "1.2
Since then when I was trying to run calibre it is starting but one cannot see any screen ( any form is hidden probably). I can see in Windows Manager that the process calibre is running but I cannot use calibre because I cannot see it !
I have tried a few times to uninstall calibre, restart computer and install again.
Nothing helped. I even have made searching through registry and deleted every key coonnected with calibre and then install it again in different directory. The same problem.
I decided to go back and install calibre 7.3.1 and now I can see that during the first launch of calibre I can see the screen with some book covers on it and short message "Running calibre: Loading books" ( message is originally in Polish so I translated it) and nothing happened. Calibre stucks in that way with that screen.
Any hints ? Tips where to look ?
Any ideas ?
klemens is offline   Reply With Quote