View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
jaeneva
jaeneva began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Help! Customize output file name? OPF files?

Hi, I just downloaded calibre the other day, and have questions, I've searched, but haven't found it yet (realizing it might be buried somewhere I haven't looked, or I could be blind from all the reading).

First:

When it converts the files from pdf to ebook format, it adds a number to the end of every book file name. Is there a way to make a change so it won't do this?

The Caterpillar's Question - Anthony, Piers & Farmer, Philip Jose_42.epub

It just looks rather... odd, this is a library being shared by mulitple people, and the 42 has absolutely no relation to the book itself or reading it. I couldn't find a way to make this change in the preferences interface. I could manually go and change this, but I have thousands of books here...

Second:

When I tell it to "Save to Disk" through the calibre GUI interface, it saves everything to my network drive, where I want it, in the folders by author (which is great!) with file names based on the title (which is also great!... except for it numbering every book there...) BUT it also makes/saves an opf file. Is there a reason for this opf file? It doesn't exist on the computer where I'm actually doing the conversions before I save them to my network location, and I thought all the title/author stuff was saved in the meta data of the epub file anyway... is it safe to delete these opf files? They effectively double the number of files I have on the drive, and while they're only 1K it's more that has to be indexed.

Thanks much in advance!
jaeneva is offline   Reply With Quote