View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 08:50 PM   #11
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
As always with me, the books fall into three groups: books I will vote for, books I won't vote for, and books I haven't quite decided about yet. The first cut eliminates the three books I've already read. Whose Body? was already a reread and I'd always rather read something new.
Yes, there are a lot more books out there than there is time available to read them, so if you have already traveled down a trail before, why not take a new road instead.

Although there is something to be said for re-reading an excellent book if there has been a long enough passage of time that you may have become essentially a different traveler, so that you see new things with fresh eyes, especially if you travel in good company, and have the benefit of your companions' observations.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote