View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #25
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
I dislike series novels. I feel like I am the only one on the planet who feels this way. I just want every novel to be a new world of its own, with its own characters and without having to remember the details of the novels that have gone before it.

I think mystery novels where only the "investigator" type person stays constant are fine (and even they are entitled to evolve over time.
I enjoy mystery series like this. Reading a new book about an old favorite set of characters is like catching up with a group of old friends. I do prefer each book to be basically stand-alone without cliffhangers. Character change/development is fine (say, over the course of a series a regular character gets married and has kids, or makes a change in his/her job). I don't want to read a soap opera. I'm also not interested in reading one long story spread out over a series of books.

Last edited by 4691mls; 10-16-2017 at 11:07 PM. Reason: remove quote I inserted by mistake
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote