View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #18
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I don’t mind if the books don’t have cliffhangers. There may a recommended order in which to read them, but it isn’t strictly necessary. I sort of like getting to know the different characters in the town or family group, and seeing them interact with chances as to who is the focus of that particular book.

If a story is going to unfold in a multiple book release, I’d prefer no more than 4 books total, 3 is better. But don’t keep the fact that a book is the beginning of a series a secret.

Many Amish fiction books are done in series format. Many of them are not written very well, with new books churned out every month. When I see publishing dates that are close together, a red flag goes up.

There was one series I looked into a few years ago. Each “book” was perhaps 110 pages, and I believe there were 22-24 separate books. The readers gobbled them up, and I was baffled that they didn’t seem to mind that they had spent $50+ on the completed story.

But it did prove that many people like such books.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote