View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #79
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by EltaninPub View Post
I'm not sure about California, but in Vermont, on state taxes, you have the option of either keeping track of all your online purchases and paying the right tax, or paying a flat fee based on your income. For anyone who does even a moderate amount of online shopping, the flat fee fee is less than what you'd pay if you kept track of everything, so most people do that. So, one additional retailer actually charging sales tax will cost you more.

So, for instance, I would be likely to say something like, "bummer! I'm being charged tax!" for an online purchase that charges it. It doesn't mean I'm trying to or intend to break the law.
Agreed. I never claimed I wasn't going to pay my taxes. I hate it when words I never said find their way into and out of my mouth. It's simply a point I was making to those who do change their shipping in order to somehow bump it up the queue to be aware that they might need to pay it now as opposed to later.
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote