View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
I've seen a few threads on the Amazon Kindle forums recently from people who have broken the screens on their Kindle Fires.

It seems that Amazon is chargng a 100$ replacement fee (as opposed to a free replacement that seems to be the rule with the e-ink kindles).

Of course some posters are raising hell that they did nothing drastic at all and it "broke all by itself", the device being defective for breaking so easily et cetera...

I was wondering whether anybody here had heard something similar. I specifically bought the Kindle Fire because I broke a Kindle 3G myself (which was replaced by Amazon) and wanted a more sturdy device. So far I have been more than happy with the stability of the Fire (OK, haven't dropped it so far), but am considering to put some protection on it. (In addition to the not-very-protecting Timbuk2 pouch that already did not protect my Kindle 3)

Best regards,
Andy
It seems that no matter how careful I am with something, I will eventually drop it. I have dropped the KF twice but I've been lucky enough not to break it. It seemed like I dropped the K2 once or twice a week so I'm hoping to continue to be lucky with this thing. I'm not sure if I would pay the$100 to have it replace or use it to save for an iPad. I'm sure I couldn't stand to be without something like it for too long. I use it all day long.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote