View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
jackinca
Connoisseur
jackinca began at the beginning.

Device: sony 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw View Post
Unfortunately (for users), Sony tends to err on the side of draconian when it comes to issues of copyright and DRM. Anyone who's owned an earlier Sony minidisc will tell of the frustration of sonicstage, basically treating users like potential music pirates and criminals. I'm sure the over the top restrictions had a lot to do with the demise of that format, which was technically very very good otherwise. I hope it's not going to be the same for their ereaders.
It seems Sony tends to shoot itself in the foot often. They do make high quality products and the new ereaders are no exception. I have a 650 and 950. They are very good. I have two current complaints filed with Sony Support with file numbers concerning the above matter as well as the fact the "Word Log" is overwritten after 100 dictionary words, and more importantly, there is no way to save the log to your computer as you can notes and drawings. The Sony rep. stated that Sony would respond to these issues by 12/15/2010 and I infer he is speaking of a software update. Certainly hope so. By the way the Sony Customer Service has very suddenly become super responsive for ereader inquiries ie. no long waits and very informed personnel.
jackinca is offline   Reply With Quote