View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #122
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
The lost customers are those who were previously or potentially buying, not always the infringers. When a large company sues an individual for obscene amounts of money, it can look bad to some people. It isn't a matter of who is right, it's a matter of scale and perception. I am not one of those people because I can't possibly keep track of labels, publishers or studios, but there certainly people who do and make their buying decisions accordingly.
Why do you assume that paying customers are against companies suing freeloaders that get the same services for free? You are correct about the obscene amounts of money demanded in those lawsuits, but I am sure most paying customers want prices to be lower, which can only happen if companies can find ways to stem such losses.

Last edited by HansTWN; 10-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote