View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #22
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW1, PW3, soon KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFReader View Post
The Odyssey is clearly better regarding fonts/size and even rendering. However, for annotations, dictionnary access, PDF viewing and internet access, the PRS-T1 is better.

My priorities lay in annotations and dictionnary, so clearly the PRS-T1 is better for me. Given yours, it seems you made the right choice!
Thank you very much. One of the reasons I did pick the Odyssey though was partially the dictionary support. But I knew right from the start that it would take time, because everything indicated it would be french only at first. So I had it preordered on good faith.

The other reason was to get a hold of HSIS. Little disappointed there - I either don't see it or Bookeen does not take advantage of it (yet). I could care less about the opening a book animation. Pretty sure though that it cannot be a worse screen than other Pearl non-hsis devices out there. Little note for anyone wanting to use "no page refresh": no matter where you have this setting, it will always refresh the page in a book if you swipe to turn pages. It only not flashes if you tap or use the buttons. And there I thought I could hold it in my left hand and just swipe to go forward w/o flashing. Oh well, I been used to flashing before - so back to refresh every page - this way the Odyssey is consistent between swipes and taps.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote