View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsygirl View Post
It looks somewhat cumbersome.
The typing on the virtual keyboard was a very pleasant surprise for me. I very strongly dislike typing text messages and addresses on my mobile phone and I could not imagine that typing with 5 keys could be more elegant.
Guys in Kiev (TM) ;-) designed an absolutely excellent method of inserting text with their virtual keyboard. Have a look at this description:
http://pocketbook.com.ua/index.php?id=185
Use Translate.google.com
the coloured picture perfectly illustrates the use of the keyboard. It is very intuitive and very forgiving, so even if you press wrong initial button, you do not hav eto abandon trying to type that character, you can move around the entire keyboard.

With notes, you enter notes mode by pressing a button (that you can reconfigure to your tastes), highlight text you want to clip or annotate and then you can enter the note. You retrieve your notes not as a complete book with your hightlghts but as the fragments of text (or bitmap screenshots?, I am really not sure at the moment) from the book together with your annotations.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote