View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
These readers were designed for casual reading and not for use as a huge library of reference material. They simply do not have the processor speed nor the firmware to adequately handle that task.
Really? Why does Amazon spec the K3 for 3,500 books?

And as far as not having the processing power or firmware to handle everything: My year old HTC smartphone has over 600 novels and at least 100 reference books that I read using MobiPocket, a ton of full-length movies, a couple of hundred MP3s, more than a hundred family pics, interactive medical software, my entire schedule (including 6 months past data), and on and on. It can multitask, and fyi can load new books into MobiPocket just a fast as Windows can transfer 'em over the USB port.

I think the real issue is that the software engineers who didn't realize there are lots of folks in the real world with lots and lots of books who might like to spend an afternoon loading up their full collections all at once. My K3 does a great job of reading books; it just falls down on some mundane tasks -- like adding collections.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote