View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #63
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
As to Ereader vs paper

A no more paper cuts
B no time wasted turning pages, a flick of a finger and I'm on the new page.
C no cramped hands holding pages open on a new book
D no dust, mildew or mold
E no pages stuck together, or miscut at the publishers.
F No stains, glops, chocolate smears, or otherwise illegible words.
G no missing pages
H no covers falling apart, pages slipping out.
I no getting up to go search for a new book when I finish one.
j no lugging a backpack around if I am going to be gone for a few days.
my E-reader has an estimated years supply of reading, all near instantly accessable.

Just read as fast as my eyes can read and my finger can caress the page turn button.
Its bloody awesome! I enjoy reading much more than I used to, not less.
So basically to get the maximal pleasure from an ebook reader, you need to be inept with paper books, physically disabled, and passive.

I do agree with some of the points though! Perfect-bound paperbacks will fall apart too quickly, and bad storage can lead to some nastiness on the mold front.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote