View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #80
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Speaking from the perspective of a company, why would you NOT rush to remove any false information that could be dragging down your stock? Only by removing it can you be sure it's not negatively impacting the stock price.
1. Because it's not information, it's a rumor. Rumors don't get removed.
2. What makes you say that it has a negative impact? Today the market closed at +20.17, and it's the first time that it has gone up over 20 points since October.

Quote:
There is no factual assertion in that article regarding the Mini. It's pure speculation. As I previously said, I think only factual assertions of significance which can impact a stock price negatively need to be addressed (if false).
And you consider something that is preceded by "people familiar with the situation said" to be a factual assertion?

Quote:
As an aside, I think an iPhone Mini has the potential to both hurt and help the stock. It is not an inherently negative idea. It would all depend how Apple implemented such a phone, and how one wants to view it within the broader context of the mobile market. I also never thought the rumor had legs. I think you'll see a phablet-size iPhone before you ever see a Mini one.
I don't think that it can work. Something smaller wouldn't work as a smartphone, so the only option would be lower specs. I've looked online and you can still buy iPhone 3G for example, so what would a Mini have? Lower specs than the 3G would get laughed at, not to mention the fact that any buyer would be better off getting a used higher specs model for the same money.