Thread: Kobo eReader ID
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
yleibu
yleibu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPodTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
If you are talking about the Account ID found in the Settings Overview page (start from I'm Reading, Press Menu and choose Settings.) I know the email address resets when you do a "Reset to Factory Defaults" (from settings overview go to Advanced Settings via the menu at the top of the page from settings overview.) The ID gets set when you sync using the desktop application.

If you are talking about ADE the authorization is in the Wiki and Tips and Tricks sticky (thanks to Taming for the instructions found below.)

How can I deauthorize a Kobo (or other) device using ADE?

PC instructions:

Open ADE on your pc, connect the Kobo to the pc. Then press Ctrl,Shift, E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.

Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.

MAC OS X instructions

Open ADE on your MAC, connect the Kobo to the it. Then press CMD-SHIFT-E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.

Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.
I was referring to the Kobo eReader's email user ID.
Thank you for the tips, much appreciated.
yleibu is offline   Reply With Quote