View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #74
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I had thought that deleting it from the usb drive would make it go away, but you are right, it is still there.

Looking at other files that had the same date as my KUAL.azw3 version, I see <usb>\developer that has the thumbnail in it.

Removing that does not remove the old KUAL, it just changes it away from the Egg Icon, to the authors names.

It looks like the 5.9.2 update has made it so we cannot remove this from the home page without a reset - or at least no way I have seen yet.

If you install usbnet, there is certainly some way to do it from the command line, but I don't know how yet.

@knc1 has noted the same issue here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=17
With the vastly increased size of /var/local (it is now big enough that they can use it as download workspace - thereby avoiding our "OTA blocking efforts" - one of my recommended changes I had published here) there have probably been changes to the structure and number of databases. *

Someone with command line access to their KOA2, please make /var/local the current directory, dump the schema of each *.db, quote as code and post somewhere - either here or make yourself a Wiki page for it.
Be sure the source of the dumps are well identified - model, firmware version, etc. etc.

Ref:
http://www.sqlitetutorial.net/sqlite-dump/
A pretty good guide, just scroll down to the "dump table structure" section.
That command line tool is pre-installed on your Kindle.
That set of information will probably be basic to solving this and other problems.

How is this related to the topic?
That thumbnail view stuck on the front of my PW3 might be now stored in one of those database files - since you can't beat it away with a big stick taken to USB storage.

[rant]
(*) No, Amazon/Lab126 does not send me a consultant's check when they adopt one of my recommended changes to their system.

That is right up there on my list of things to hate along with people/organizations that plagiarize Open Source work, without credit, for the purpose of closed source, for profit, projects.

[/rant]
(Did I ever mention, I hate BBcode also. It is worse than even writing Postscript by hand (which is what people did before there where editor programs that would write it for you.) )

Last edited by knc1; 11-18-2017 at 07:33 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote